I tried many recipes for farmer cheese pancakes but returned to the proven classic recipe. Pancakes are so yummy, and soft, with a delicate golden crust.
Cheese pancakes are traditionally served with sour cream or jam. The most delicious pancakes are obtained from high-quality homemade farmer cheese. Of course, I recommend taking it.
When choosing farmer cheese, do not take dry. Otherwise, pancakes can turn out harsh, it is better to take fat, moist, but not too much.
Prep Time: 5 min
Cook Time: 10 min
Yield: 2 servings
- 8oz (250g) farmer cheese
- 1 tbsp sugar or sweetener
- 100g butter
- 1 egg
- 3-4 tbsp flour (2 tbsp in the dough and 2 tbsp for breading)
- Coconut or vegetable oil for frying
- So we take farmer cheese, add sugar (sweetener), egg, and flour to it. If desired, you can add 0,5 teaspoons of vanilla extract or a handful of raisins here.
- Then, using a fork, we begin to combine the cheese with egg and flour. Mix well until smooth.
- From the resulting dough using a tablespoon, form small balls, put on a plate with flour, and roll. With hands give them a more flat shape.
- Heat a frying pan and give coconut or vegetable oil. Put pancakes in a pan and fry over medium heat until golden brown on both sides.
That’s all, farmer cheese pancakes are ready. Serve them with sour cream or jam.